Unified Test Automation For Agile And DevOps | Testsigma
As we know, businesses are susceptible to constant change due to the customers’ demands and expectations for new services. In this competitive environment, agility in responding to change is the key to success for every organization. Today, enterprises demand a completely different approach to the software development life cycle (SDLC) for a faster time to market.
In order to thrive in this competitive marketplace, IT industry is embracing agile processes and software delivery methods. DevOps is one such recent approach which has been widely acknowledged to handle the ever-changing complex business scenarios.
Today organizations are moving towards the next level of agility through Agile-DevOps transformation as it brings the highest level of quality, productivity, flexibility, and, efficiency thereby giving a competitive edge to your organization. Key Agile/DevOps metrics strive for automation and technical excellence which leads to continuous improvement in efficiency, agility, and quality.
Today, you can’t just walk, you need to run 😀You need to adopt Agile and work with various DevOps constructs. Doing this is not so easy, especially when you are working with complex applications, their integration with a need to release features quickly. It takes a lot of time to manually verify the same functionality works across multiple user interfaces. Manual Testing will not fit your Agile and DevOps strategy. So Continuous Testing is the best approach in this case which can be easily achieved through test automation.
Before diving deep about achieving Continuous Testing through test automation, let’s discuss why continuous testing is important.
Table Of Contents
Continuous Testing is a software testing methodology which aims to achieve continuous quality and improvement. Basically a process of testing early, testing often and automate. The strategy evaluates quality at every step of the Continuous Delivery Process. The main objective of continuous testing is to ensure the reliability of the software and analyze the business risk associated with it before the software reaches the market.
Continuous Testing comes with the following benefits:
- Continuous testing process helps in finding the risks, addressing them and thereby improving the quality of the product
- Software release becomes quick with a weekly to hourly release
- Continuous testing improves code quality
- It integrates into DevOps proves seamlessly
- It avoids disconnect between development, operation and testing teams
Why Unified Web, Mobile & Web Services’ Automation is Important in Agile and DevOps?
As we already discussed, Continuous Testing is the best approach for your Agile and DevOps strategy, which can be achieved through test automation. Hence Automated Continuous Testing platforms have a major role to play in meeting the standards of modern day’s DevOps/Continuous Software Delivery practises.
There is a need for a Unified Continuous Testing platform that has the ability to automate every application type on all platforms rather than having multiple automation testing tools that can automate just one application type. A comprehensive framework is required specifically to tackle these challenges.
A Unified automated solution for web, mobile apps and Desktop web services is the key in Agile and DevOps. It provides a solid framework, clear vision and roadmap to achieve the next level of Agility.
Today, most of the businesses are dealing with tight deadlines and changing demands from customers. Testsigma, as an early adopter of agile methodologies and DevOps, can guide you in your automated testing needs.
Testsigma is a unified automated testing software for web, mobile apps and APIs which helps in the creation and execution of reliable test cases on multiple devices and configurations.
Can Testsigma’s approach meet your test automation goals for continuous delivery and DevOps? Let’s find out by digging into some of the features which the tool has in store for us.
- It uses a simple natural language approach to automate testing for all types of applications including the most complex scenarios.
- Comes with in-built test management to track all the requirements and manage multiple application types within your automation testing tool. It helps in notifying the changes in requirements to the entire team automatically.
- Comes with 1000+ OS/Browser/Version combos 2000+ real mobile devices for both iOS and Android operating systems.
- It provides an extended support for a wide range of web applications, mobile applications and API services and can run both manual and automated tests across all the major OS platforms and browsers.
- For parallel testing, it provides access to thousands of execution configurations for faster development, feedback and delivery cycles. Parallel testing helps test scripts to run same tests again and again on different machines.
- It supports and optimizes the common methodologies of continuous integration and continuous delivery for fast feedback.
- It offers multiple integrations with continuous integration (CI) tools in order to streamline your continuous testing process.
- It provides access to thousands of resources available on the cloud.
- It combines manual and automated testing into one. It provides specific support for manual tests as well.
- It is a single platform that unites all resources together for increased test coverage to produce faster results with negligible initial time and efforts.
There shouldn’t be a requirement for different skills to automate different applications as it will increase the ramp up delay. It is important to have a unified automated continuous testing software with an inbuilt test management system that can not only allow updating the tests continuously but also help testers connect multiple web, mobile devices having different device configurations, in one go.
Testsigma also emphasizes on the importance of actionable feedback in test automation for continuous delivery as it helps to release quality software products faster into production with lesser defects. With continuous feedback, you can ensure continuous improvement by identifying and fixing defects early in the development cycle. Testsigma’s inbuilt automatic feedback mechanism helps make effective decisions on the go through instant notifications and automatic suggestions from AI.
Now you can plan, develop, design, execute, analyze, report and maintain your automated tests at a rapid pace and say goodbye to multiple tools, frameworks, coding and integrations with Testsigma’s Unified Test Automation Platform to achieve Continuous Testing!