How to Emulate the Latest Safari Browser Online
Browser emulators are ideal for testing how responsive a site is. The term ‘browser emulator’ refers to software that imitates the functionality of various web browsers. For instance, a Safari emulator aims to emulate Safari.
Emulators help attain the exact look and feel of an actual Safari browser when a website is launched on it. Safari is a popular browser exclusive to Apple devices. Although Apple has discontinued its usage in other operating systems, users can download older versions if they want to test its features.
You need to use a cross-browser testing tool, a virtual machine, or an emulator to emulate Safari browser online. This helps evaluate if a website is working as per expectations.
Table Of Contents
- 1 Can You Run the Safari Browser on Windows 10 & 11?
- 2 How Can I Test Websites on Safari Without Mac?
- 3 What Tools Do You Use for Cross-Browser Testing?
- 4 Common Cross-Browser Testing Tools
- 5 Emulate Safari Across Other Different OS
- 6 Emulate Safari Using Various Browsers
- 7 Emulate Safari Browser Online
- 8 Summary
- 9 Frequently asked questions
Can You Run the Safari Browser on Windows 10 & 11?
A segment of users wishes to use Safari as a default browser on Windows 10 and 11. This is because of its user-friendly design and speed. Safari runs parallel with popular browsers like Chrome, Edge, and Firefox when it comes to its outstanding performance. However, there is a catch.
Even if you can download Safari on Windows, you risk your system because you can face potential security issues. The overall performance of your PC might even get compromised if you download expired or old versions of the software. Apple, therefore, has discontinued offering Safari as a standalone browser for any other operating system, including Windows.
However, you can install the browser as a substitute browser on any PC that runs the operating system of Microsoft from unofficial online platforms. Concludingly, we can say that there is currently no Safari emulator for Windows.
No Safari emulator is dedicated to running on any version of Windows, be it Windows 10 or 11. However, many websites offer users the option of testing Safari on Windows.
How Can I Test Websites on Safari Without Mac?
Safari has been deemed the second most popular browser in 2022 and is the native default browser of Apple devices. It is an ideal browser for testing any online product or site because of its fast responsiveness.
However, one of the biggest challenges most software testers and website developers face is the lack of a Mac (iMac or Macbook). You are primarily required to have a Mac for both automated and manual testing in the Safari browser because this browser is platform-specific.
To address this problem, you can use the following hacks to test your product on the Safari browser:-
Use a Virtual Machine
You don’t need to worry about not having a Mac to run your tests on the Safari browser. To do so, you can easily conduct them on a Windows local host with the help of a virtual machine by using your PC or system as the server.
Numerous virtual machines are available for you to choose from, and they will run any browser inside Linux or Windows.
All you need to do is configure a handful of settings at the hardware and the software level (choosing the amount of disk space and RAM to allocate to each OS). Your computer, however, needs to have enough power to sustain this configuration.
Use Cross-Browser Testing Tools
It is imperative to run any website on multiple browsers to ensure a smooth-sailing experience for visitors. To overcome the challenge of testing websites on Safari without a Mac, you opt for cross-browser testing tools. These tools will allow you to see how the website functions and looks on multiple browsers in one go. It does not require additional costs and is ideal for testing various websites on Safari.
What Tools Do You Use for Cross-Browser Testing?
You can easily use special tools to test cross-browser compatibility. This will allow you to check the overall outlook of a website in numerous browsers as well as mobile devices.
Advantages of Cross-Browser Testing
The advantages of using a cross-browser testing platform are listed below:-
- It saves time: With cross-browser testing, you can check your website for any hidden bugs or glitches before launching it. This helps save money and time because it detects issues before publishing the website.
- Test on local and on-premise machines: With cross-browser testing, you can run test cases and websites on any OS environment on any local system behind firewalls.
- Numerous test reporting procedures: You can choose any preferred reporting from videos, images, and the like for better understanding.
- Real test environments: You can seamlessly check your cross-browser compatibility on actual browsers to identify every kink and bug in your website or application.
- Secure customer privacy: These platforms take stringent measures to help maintain the privacy of every customer.
- Broad test coverage: Most platforms for browser testing are codeless because they are AI or NLP-powered. This helps in reaching a broader test coverage.
- Debugging is easy: The debugging features in cross-browser testing platforms are top-notch to help deliver bug-free websites seamlessly.
- Easy CI/CD integration: Most cross-browser platforms have convenient CI/CD pipelines for managing faster and continuous delivery.
- 24*7 test runs: Cloud-based cross-browser testing platforms help run test suites 24*7 to conduct faster and more efficient testing with the least effort.
- Requires no additional coding: You need not have prior knowledge of CSS or HTML coding for cross-browser testing. They are user-friendly and can even be used by beginners.
Common Cross-Browser Testing Tools
If you cannot use emulators or have access to actual devices, you can opt for cloud-based emulators. One of the biggest advantages of using cloud-based emulators rather than local emulators or real devices is automating unit tests for your site across various platforms.
To make things easy for you, we have consolidated a list of top-tier testing sites and cloud-based emulators:-
Testsigma is a reliable and comprehensive test automation platform. With Testsigma, you can run automated tests for your applications and software seamlessly. It helps ensure the compatibility of your website or application across various browsers.
It is highly scalable as a cloud-based test automation platform where you can run parallel tests and even write automated tests in simple English. Besides, the platform is ideal for both visual and functional testing. We have listed some of the best advantages of using Testsigma as a cross-browser testing platform:-
- Covers over 2000+ native browser or device combinations
- Helps track issues with test logs
- Enables local testing functionality
- Runs automated tests in parallel and gets results fast
- Performs automated screenshot testing and Video Responsive testing
- Tools like Jira, Slack, and others are available for integration
- Offers geo-location testing
BrowserStack is an online testing platform for seamless manual and automated testing. You need to choose an appropriate operating system, a device type, a browser version, and a URL for browsing. BrowserStack offers a reliable hosted virtual machine for user interaction.
You can easily run many emulators all at the same time without having to change screens. You can even test out the look and feel of your website or app across numerous browsers and devices. Some advantages you can reap out of using Browserstack as a cross-browser testing platform are as follows:-
- Ability to reproduce, debug and solve issues to launch bug-free websites and apps.
- Built for all kinds of teams, starting from Engineering, Marketing, Product, Support, and Growth for testing, collaborating, and delivering quality.
- Highly scalable and can accommodate large teams for successfully shipping out applications and websites.
LambdaTest is another widely used online testing platform where users can perform manual cross-browser testing. You can run a combination of multiple operating systems and browsers at once. You can even record videos of complicated bugs and share them via Slack, Microsoft Teams, and more.
Besides, the platform allows you to speed up your testing by running parallel testing. Some of the best features are:-
- You can test multiple browsers on any OS environment or browser of your choice.
- It has a highly scalable cloud infrastructure.
- It is highly secure and reliable for performing automated cross-browser testing.
- It offers high execution speeds as well as fast, automated screenshots.
- With its handy reporting feature and detailed integration, you can easily analyze your test runs and immediately send reports.
Browsershots is an open-source online platform that offers developers an easy and user-friendly way to run tests for checking a website’s compatibility with a browser. It also allows screenshotting your web design in numerous operating systems and browsers. BrowserShots is completely free of cost, which is convenient for checking how your website looks across multiple browsers.
Emulate Safari Across Other Different OS
There are separate pathways for different operating systems when it comes to emulating Safari. We have consolidated the best ways to emulate Safari on the following OS:-
How to Emulate Safari on Linux?
To emulate Safari on Linux, you can follow two methods.
- Installing Safari using WINE.
- Using WINE and PlayOnLinux provides a graphical user interface (UI) for WINE.
- Using a virtual visualization application for cross-browser testing
Emulate Safari Using Various Browsers
There are several browsers available that users use at their convenience. This is why you must test it on every possible platform before launching your website or application. Down below, we have listed the various ways you can emulate Safari on numerous browsers:-
How to Emulate Safari on Chrome
To emulate Safari on Chrome, you can use websites such as TestingBot or Chrome extensions such as BrowserStack. BrowserStack is a very reliable solution that allows you to initiate testing sessions with a large number of device and browser combinations. You can immediately set up a Safari testing environment by clicking on the BrowserStack extension icon in your Chrome browser.
Alternatively, you can use these steps to emulate Safari using the Developer tools:
- Hit the Control + Shift + I keys to open the Developer tools environment
- Go to the Network tab and click on Network conditions
- Go to the User Agent section and unselect the ‘Use browser default’ radio button and click on the dropdown with the ‘custom’ label
- Scroll down till you can see the devices under Safari, and then select the device (Mac, iPad etc.) you want to emulate Safari with
How to Emulate Safari in Firefox
Firefox is notably one of the most popular browsers used by millions worldwide. If you want to emulate Safari in Firefox, you have to use visualization software which you can download as a browser extension or turn to a cross-browser testing website. The latter option is completely free of cost, hassle-free, and requires no technological prowess.
How to Emulate Safari on Internet Explorer?
Internet Explorer is one of the oldest browsers known to mankind. Although quite rarely used, it is still surprisingly used to this day. If you still use Internet Explorer to this day, you can emulate Safari on Internet Explorer with a cross-browser testing platform or an additionally installed extension.
How to Emulate Safari on Edge?
Edge is a popular browser developed by Microsoft. You can emulate other browsers by changing the user string. If you want to emulate Safari on Edge, you need to follow the steps listed below:-
- Open Microsoft Edge and visit the link you wish to test
- Hit the F12 key to open the Developer tools environment
- Go to the Network tab and click on Network conditions
- Go to the User Agent section and unselect the ‘Select automatically’ radio button and click on the dropdown
- Scroll down till you can see the devices under Safari and then select the device (Mac, iPad etc.) you want to emulate Safari with
Emulate Safari Browser Online
Although the ideal way to emulate Safari is by using an open-source testing platform, some other ways to do the same have been listed below:-
- Using browser widgets
- Downloading older versions of Safari, like Safari 5.1.7 or previous versions
Therefore, to ensure that your website or application runs smoothly on Safari, you need to conduct cross-browser testing to maintain consistency in its display and functionality. Running automation tests is also integral to software testing. Testsigma is a great platform for seamlessly running automation tests.
Frequently asked questions
Can you emulate Safari on PC?
The Safari Browser has now been limited only to macOS and iOS. However, you can easily emulate this browser on Windows or any other OS by using a virtual machine with your computer as the server.
How do I emulate a device in Safari?
To emulate a device in Safari, you can use the Simulator added with Xcode and debug/inspect those reviews remotely by using the Develop menu in Safari.
How do I test Safari online?
To run a website on a Safari browser without a Mac, you can use a cross-browser testing tool or an online testing platform.