What Is Parallel Testing?
With Parallel Testing, automated tests can be run in parallel or concurrently across various test environments of different device/browser/Operating System versions and their combinations. Hence more tests are run at a time which reduces the execution time by many folds.
Less execution time implies a less wait and fast build releases thus reducing the overall testing time required!
If you are short of the hardware and are planning to run the tests on Cloud-based device farms such as Saucelabs or BrowserStack, that adds another layer of complexity.
Testsigma allows you to run multiple tests in parallel on real test environments. Testsigma manages and maintains a massive device cloud to ensure that your app works fine on all browsers of different versions even just-released versions and also on your local devices if your local test devices of your application is not publicly accessible or if you do not wish to execute tests on cloud devices.
Parallel Testing Benefits
Performing Parallel Testing in Testsigma
In Testsigma, you can write automated tests in plain English with zero coding expertise and run them across multiple device/browser combinations you prefer.
Let’s see how Parallel Testing is performed in Testsigma.
To execute automated tests in parallel, we need more than one Test Case(a specification of what is to be tested and what outcome is expected) and Test Suite(a group of test cases).
Creating Test Cases: Please refer How to add/edit/delete a Test Case?
2. Create Multiple Test Suites: Refer How to add/edit/delete a Test Suite in Testsigma?Here is a step by step representation of creating Test Suites.
Click on Test Development at the left panel and click on Test Suites as shown in image.
- Enter the Test Suite Name, Description, Prerequisite(if any) and then click on ”Click here to Select Test Cases”.
- You will see the Test Cases page which will display all the Requirements name(a Default Requirement will be created automatically and all the Test Cases in the Project will be mapped to this default Requirement unless specified)
- Click on the down-arrow beside the Requirement name to expand the list of Test Cases that the specific Requirement holds.
- Select the Checkbox beside the Test Cases that you want to select and click Done.
Creating Parallel Test Execution in Testsigma
To create an Execution, you can navigate to the Executions page by going through:
Test Development > Execution
- Click on the Create button on the top right corner to create an Execution. A ‘Create Execution’ page would appear like below:
- Enter the required details such as the Execution Name, Test Lab Type, Execution type, Email fields to send notifications would appear, etc.
- Click on Select Test Suites to select multiple Test Suites and click on Done.
- Click on Select Test Environment to open the Select Test Environment page. In this page, we specify the Operating System and Browser settings. Click on Done.
- To specify detailed execution and Recovery Settings, you can click on the + icon. You may as well ignore this.
- Go to the Executions page and click on the Run Now button to execute the parallel automated tests right away or schedule it for later.
We will select the Test Lab Type as Testsigma Lab and Execution Type as Parallel Testing for this example.
You can click on the Run ID under the Execution Result and on the next page, click on Test Case name under the Test Case Results to see a step by step overview of the Test Result.
Refer Testsigma Knowledge Base and enter your query to look up related docs. Feel free to contact our dynamic support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave us a message on chat and, we’ll be with you!