7 Top Tools for Responsive Web Design Testing
Responsive design is an approach to design websites such that it responds well on all screen sizes, platforms, and orientations with the user’s devices depending upon their screen dimensions and orientation. This approach eliminates the need to design a new set of code for each new device. The primary focus is to deliver a consistent browsing experience to the users no matter what device is being used. While the number of devices at our disposal have grown tremendously, this becomes a nightmare for web designers and testers. The web application should be able to render each page correctly on all devices with multiple dimensions. But the question is, how to perform such exhaustive testing?
Table Of Contents
- 1 Most Common Responsive Web Design Testing Checklist
- 2 7 Responsive Web Design Testing Tools
- 2.1 1. Testsigma:
- 2.2 Top Reasons Why Testsigma for Responsive Web Design Test?
- 2.3 2. Responsinator:
- 2.4 Why You can Choose Responsinator for Your Responsive Web Design Testing?
- 2.5 3. Screenfly:
- 2.6 Features of Screenfly
- 2.7 4. LambdaTest:
- 2.8 Why LTBrowser Tool for Responsive Web Design Testing?
- 2.9 5. Am I Responsive?:
- 2.10 Why to use “Am I Responsive?” Tool for Responsive Test?
- 2.11 6. CrossBrowserTesting:
- 2.12 Features of the CrossBrowserTesting Tool
- 2.13 7. Browserstack:
- 2.14 Browserstack Features
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 3.1 What is the Best Tool for Responsive Testing?
- 3.2 How Can I Test My Website Responsiveness?
- 3.3 What Kind of Testing is Important in Responsive Design?
- 3.4 What is Responsive Browser Testing?
- 3.5 What are the 3 Components of Responsive Web Design?
- 3.6 Can We Do Responsive Web Design Testing Using Selenium?
- 3.7 Which Tool is Used for Responsive Web Design?
Most Common Responsive Web Design Testing Checklist
Some of the most common responsive web design testing checklist that you need to perform includes :
- Does the website load properly on all the major devices?
- Are all the tappable areas responsive?
- Does the text remain properly aligned on all device dimensions?
- Are the image placements and sizes intact?
Nowadays, to perform responsive checks, there are amazing responsive web design testing tools, which ensure that your web applications are optimized for all devices. There are several browser-based and standalone tools that help you to check the responsiveness of your websites. In this article, we will run you through a curated selection of 7 premium tools for performing responsive testing.
7 Responsive Web Design Testing Tools
Testsigma, an automated cross browser and responsiveness testing tool, provides you with more than 1000+ Browser-OS and 2000+ iOS and Android devices on-demand to perform extensive automated responsiveness testing of your websites and applications. With features such as scriptless automation testing, parallel testing of test suites, drill-down test reports, and many more, Testsigma should be the go-to tool for all your testing needs.
Top Reasons Why Testsigma for Responsive Web Design Test?
Top reasons why Testsigma sits right on top of the deck includes –
- You can automate your tests as easily as you write them in English
- A plethora of browsers, OS, and device combinations to perform extensive automated responsiveness testing and cross browser testing.
- Parallel automated testing for large test suites.
- Integration with popular CI/CD and bug reporting tools.
- Quick actionable feedback through comprehensive test reports.
- Excellent customer support with 24×7 availability.
It allows you to create automated test cases for UI testing which becomes very useful while performing testing on large test suites with complex functionalities.
Test responsive web designs, layouts, HTML & CSS on 3000+ real devices with Testsigma.
Responsinator is the simplest tool used widely for testing the responsiveness of websites. With a simple and sleek interface, you just need to enter the URL of your website. Without any hassles, you can easily see how the pages are rendered on some generic screens.
Why You can Choose Responsinator for Your Responsive Web Design Testing?
Reasons, why you can choose Responsinator for your responsiveness testing are –
- Cost-free but with ads.
- Simple and sleek UI with allowing you to interact with websites.
- Devices are available in both portrait and landscape modes.
- Great for quick checks but limited if you want to check breakpoints extensively.
With Responsinator, you need to perform cross-browser testing manually. It simply displays your websites in emulators where you can get an idea of what your website will look like on an actual device.
You can’t run responsive design tests on real desktop and mobile browsers with Responsinator. With Testsigma, you can. Try it now for free.
Screenfly is a free, in-browser tool that allows you to perform responsiveness testing on different screen sizes and devices. It allows you to add any custom screen size you want. Its featured devices include laptops, tablets, smartphones, desktops, and televisions. It allows you to rotate, scroll, and perform more such actions using simple click buttons at the top.
Features of Screenfly
Some popular features of Screenfly that make it popular among developers include –
- Allows you to add custom screen size along with pixel-based screen sizing.
- Allows you to perform rotation, screen scrolling using simple click buttons.
- Provides support for devices such as tablets, smartphones, televisions, desktops, etc.
- In-browser, easy to use, and cost-free tool.
It only allows you to perform cross-browser testing by manually setting the screen sizes and orientations. With Testsigma you can automate your responsive design tests on multiple browsers and devices and run them simultaneously.Try Testsigma for free
The LTBrowser application by LambdaTest provides all the sets of tools needed to perform responsive website testing, responsive mobile test and make the website mobile-friendly. It contains around 27+ devices and it also allows you to create custom devices. It also allows you to perform complete website auditing and share bug reports with your team.
Why LTBrowser Tool for Responsive Web Design Testing?
Some of the widely used features of LTBrowser tool are –
- Network throttling features allowing you to perform responsiveness testing on different network profiles.
- Scroll syncing and device rotation features.
- Compare on multiple devices and screen dimensions simultaneously.
- Screenshot and video recording of a full page.
- Complete website auditing and bug sharing.
It’s one of the most popular manual testing tools with a wide range of devices and its ability to create custom-sized devices is very useful.
5. Am I Responsive?:
It provides its users with 4 different apple devices with resolutions – desktop (1600 x 992 Pixel), laptop (1280 x 802 Pixel), tablet (768 x 1024 Pixel), and mobile (320 x 480 Pixel). It allows all these different sizes to be compared directly. It is quick, simple, and easy to use.
Why to use “Am I Responsive?” Tool for Responsive Test?
Some of the features of “Am I Responsive?” that might come in handy for you are:
- It allows different sizes to be compared directly.
- You can drag the “Am I Responsive?” bookmarklet to your bookmarks toolbar to test the responsiveness of any site directly in the browser.
- You can perform scrolling of websites inside the devices.
- You can test websites served on localhosts as well.
- You can screenshot the results and use them in your portfolio.
It’s the simplest manual cross-browser testing tool that you will find and it might come in handy for quick testing purposes.
Unlike Am I Responsive? tool, Testsigma comes with in-built integration with Jenkins that helps set up CI/CD easier than ever. Start Testsigma’s free 21-day trial.
It offers 2050+ real desktop and mobile browsers to test website for responsiveness. You can easily validate public or locally hosted pages across multiple mobile browsers for complete compatibility. Similar to Testsigma, it is a one-stop solution to perform parallel automated tests, compare screenshots visually, remote debug the code, and interact with the website on real-world devices.
Features of the CrossBrowserTesting Tool
Some of the top-notch features of the CrossBrowserTesting tool includes –
- Spin up a custom browser-OS combination with a single click.
- Leverage native browser tools for debugging and consoles.
- Track and record network logs for performance.
- Debugging behind the firewall or proxy using secure tunnel technology.
- Perform scrolling and swiping on real mobile devices.
CrossBrowserTesting does not support real device testing. Testsigma does. Test responsive web designs, layouts, HTML & CSS on 3000+ real devices. Sign up for free now.
It gives your users a seamless experience by allowing you to perform responsiveness testing on 2000+ real browsers and iOS and Android devices. It provides large testing coverage and the breadth of testing options is invaluable. Its ease-of-use tools allow you to perform responsiveness testing quickly and efficiently.
Some of the features provided by Browserstack that you can leverage for your own use includes –
- Selenium-based automated and live website responsive testing.
- 2000+ real iOS and Android devices and browser-OS combinations.
- Uncompromised security with pristine browsers and devices available on demand.
- Allows you to integrate with CI/CD tools and get test results directly in Jenkins and Slack.
- Visual testing and review.
All the tools listed above only simulate how a website is displayed. However, some content cannot be displayed using responsive design tools. For example, it cannot simulate the way a website performs on high-performance devices, how a multi-touch screen control affects a site’s UI, scroll bars may appear on the simulators which do not exist on real touch screen devices.
Despite this, online responsive web design test tools prove to be a valuable responsiveness testing tool for performing comprehensive tests. Developers benefit from the uncomplicated, quick modification of the resolution which immensely accelerates the testing process.
It’s always a good idea to play with a couple of options before you settle for a single tool. All of these tools workly slightly differently and have their own levels of user control. It’s best to try out each one of them and then decide your favourite ones.
Start responsive web design testing for free with Testsigma.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Best Tool for Responsive Testing?
The optimal tool for responsive testing is determined by a number of criteria. However, some often suggested alternatives are: BrowserStack is a cloud-based testing platform that allows for real-time interactive testing across a variety of browsers and devices. LambdaTest: Another cloud-based platform that offers a variety of real-world devices and browsers for responsive testing. Responsive Design Checker: A free web-based application for testing responsiveness rapidly by inputting a URL or uploading HTML/CSS files. Google Chrome DevTools: Chrome’s built-in developer tools, which include device mode for mimicking various screen sizes. Ghostlab is a commercial testing tool that is specifically built for testing responsive web designs.
How Can I Test My Website Responsiveness?
You can test your website responsiveness manually with the help of developer tools, or you can automate it with the help of Testsgima to check responsiveness, where there’s no room for human error to occur.
What Kind of Testing is Important in Responsive Design?
Crossbrowser Testing Visual Testing and CSS checking are more important while testing in a responsive design.
What is Responsive Browser Testing?
Responsive testing is the process of rendering web pages on numerous device viewports to ensure a responsive web design adapts to changing screen sizes and viewports automatically.
What are the 3 Components of Responsive Web Design?
There are not three, but more components that test responsive web design, the top 3 features from the list are
3. Language context
Can We Do Responsive Web Design Testing Using Selenium?
Yes, you can do responsive design testing using Selenium; Selenium is frequently used for responsive web design testing.
Which Tool is Used for Responsive Web Design?
Testsigma is undoubtedly the go-to for responsive web design testing; with the help of easy navigation and commands using English based NLP’s, responsive testing has never been easy. You can test on multiple browsers, versions, and real devices simultaneously with no room for human error.